Posts Tagged butterfly tattoos
Butterfly tattoos combine well with tribal elements, especially on the lower back because of the symmetrical nature of a butterfly. Tribal butterfly tattoos are often black, or a combination of a colored butterfly with black tribal swirls.
Another option is to stylize the butterfly itself, like these tattoo designs:
Tags: butterfly tattoos, tribal tattoos
Here’s a list of celebrities that have a butterfly tattoo:
- Drew Barrymore: has one on her abdomen, right under her belly button.
- Maria Carey: has a lower back butterfly tattoo (fake or not?).
- Paris Hilton: has a small butterfly tattoo on her back (could be temporary).
- Kelis: has a butterfly on her stomach.
- Dolly Parton: country star with a flutterby on her chest.
- Julia Roberts: has a lower back butterfly.
- Britney Spears: has a butterfly tattoo on her left foot.
To sum it up: butterfly tattoos are among the most versatile tattoo images, which helps explain their popularity with women. They are inherently feminine, but not necessarily ‘girly’ and you can make either a bold or subtle statement with butterfly tattoo art. All of this means that we are likely to see even more butterfly tattoos in the years to come.Tags: butterfly tattoos, celebrity tattoos